Go Great Circle

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

He's Back

 After a nearly 7 year hiatus, writer/photographer Kirk Jordan is back…to blogging.




Facebook friends will know that I have been a busy boy.  First, some seven years ago I left my job with the Arkansas Governor’s Office--then moved to the Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage, and Tourism;  I followed that with a life transition in which my wife’s elderly and cognitively-impaired parents moved into our home.  Things have never been the same.


Funny thing.  My earlier job--serving Governors Mike Huckabee, Mike Beebe, and Asa Hutchinson--may have sounded glamorous (and sometimes was) but it felt at times like glorified grip-and-grin photography. I needed an artful outlet to wage war against the tedium of executive life. Now that my life is all about chasing beauty I no longer feel the need to post daily photos…
(Not to mention that my employer owns many of my photos!)


And so another transition is taking place. I am looking for a space to call my own. Over the last few years I have felt myself moving ever so slowly into a new role.  I earned an MFA through the University of Central Arkansas. I’ve written a book (yet to be published) with more in the wings.  I am starting to think of myself as an Author.


Welcome to the journey.


Kirk Jordan - WRITER, photographer, tourist at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment